Have you or a loved one been hurt, severely injured, or died due to medical negligence or a medical mistake?
According to a recent study released by Johns Hopkins “patient safety experts have calculated that more than 250,000 deaths per year are due to medical error in the U.S. “ Thus suggesting medical errors are the third-leading cause of death in the U.S. – John Hopkins Link
An injured patient must prove a physician acted negligent in the administration of care leading to injury or death. Our highly experienced medical malpractice attorneys advocate for you carefully evaluating your medical records for error and/or mistakes that may have led to you or your loved ones injury or death.
Claiming medical malpractice is more than just suing for an unexpected or undesirable outcome.
The legal system is designed to encourage extensive discovery and negotiations between adversarial parties with the goal of resolving the dispute without going to trail jury. – Read More
Four Required Legal Medical Malpractice Elements
- Proof of a doctor – patient relationship (clinic, hospital, psychiatric, urgent care, or medical facility)
- Proof that there has been a breech in medical care provided. Was the medical care provided below the acceptable standard of practice? Including the failure to diagnose and/or provide treatment for a given condition.
- Proof that the breech in care was in fact the cause of injury and/or death.
- Proof that the patient has suffered loss of monies, quality of life, pain, or other economic harm as a result of the claimed medical malpractice.
Types of Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
There are many types of medical malpractice and medical negligence lawsuits, including but not limited to the following:
- Birth injury claims
- Errors in surgery
- Medication mistakes (overdose, dispensing of wrong medication)
- Failure to Refer
- Anesthesia Error
- Misread x-rays and radiology errors
- Injury caused by facility (slip and fall)
- Delay/Failure to treat
- Emergency room error
Now is the time to get help
At Corriveau Law We understand the pain, devastation, loss, and life altering obstacles families face when coping from medical negligence. In our 40+ years of practice at Corriveau Law we have helped many persons just like you cope with the physical, financial, and emotional challenges.
Allegation of medical negligence must be filed in a timely manner – don’t let fear of involving legal assistance stop you from getting the help you deserve. The time is now: contact Corriveau Law today for your free consultation at 248-380-6801.